If you have any teeth removed, you'll want to do whatever is required to expedite the recuperation process and get back to your normal life. That being said, healing following tooth extracts requires the formation of blood clots to cover the area and promote recovery. Until that process occurs, there is not a lot you can do besides wait for nature to run its course. There are a number of things you can do to help with the recuperation process as well as control the discomfort. Below are a few guidelines to observe.
– It's typical for the extracted area to feel inflated even following a few days. In most cases, simple over the counter pain killers can provide relief to the discomfort. It is advisable that these pain killers be taken immediately following the tooth extraction procedure. Do not wait for the pain to start. It is always easier to prevent discomfort from setting in than making it go away. Your dentist or oral surgeon will recommend the appropriate over-the-counter pain killer or write you a prescription.
– Go home, rest, as well as take it easy the following day. Do not workout or exert much physical effort for the next 24 hours.
– If the number does not go away after six hours, get in touch with the dentist or oral surgeon who administrated the tooth extraction. Steroids can be administered to the nerve area which could help decrease the inflammation and expedite the recovery.
– Avoid the temptation to rinse the extracted area for the next 24 hours.
– Stay clear of eating and / or drinking hot food and beverages until the numbing wears off. You will not be able to feel the temperature level of food or beverages if the area is still anesthetized, and this can cause problems in your mouth. Also, chew carefully to ensure that you do not unintentionally bite your cheek.
– Never poke the extracted area, even with your tongue.
– Refrain from sucking and sipping, spitting and even blowing your nose since both positive and negative pressure might induce the dislodging of the blood clot, which may impede the recovery process. If you have colds or allergies and you feel like you absolutely must sneeze and blow, then take the right medications to alleviate the symptoms.
– Refrain from consuming any alcoholic beverages for at least 24 … More